Our facilities are outstanding, including large sky-lit painting studios, video editing suites and a computer lab, photography, drawing, printmaking studios, and the Odette Sculpture Centre - one of the best facilities of its kind in North America. Most recently, a study center has been added, which houses a large collection of original contemporary Canadian Art. Students also benefit from the opportunity to exhibit their work in any of the eight student-run galleries on campus. In addition, students can see some of the world’s finest contemporary works at the nationally renowned Art Gallery of York University.
Visual Arts students have access to a wide range of specialized facilities and resources. The Department houses:
- a study collection of original art works in the Joan Goldfarb Visual Arts Study Centre
- an extensive slide collection
- the Sculpture Resource Centre, offering books, periodicals and catalogues dealing with the history, theory and practice of sculpture, located in the L.L. Odette Centre for Sculpture
- Drawing Studio
- L.L. Odette Centre for Sculpture & Sculpture Resource Centre
- Painting Studio
- Photography Studio
- Print Media Studio
- Time-Based Art Studio
- The Gales Gallery
- Special Projects Gallery
- Art Gallery of York University
- Campus Galleries (general)
- Joan Goldfarb Visual Arts Study Centre
- York University Libraries and Special Collections
- York University Outdoor Sculpture Collection
Personal Property & Security
The Faculty of Fine Arts is not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of personal equipment or any other personal belongings that are left in studios, classrooms, storage areas or any other space within the Faculty.
It is each individual's responsibility to take care of their own property. Under no circumstances will the Faculty or the Departments incur liability for loss, damage or theft of such property.
Please take all reasonable measures to protect your personal belongings. If you do experience loss, damage or theft of personal property, please report it immediately to the Department of Security Services at 416-736-5333.